2023 All-County Bookmark Contest
Congratulations to the winners of the Tecumseh District Library's submissions to the All-County Bookmark Contest! These lucky individual's designs will be competing against other students in Lenawee County for a $100 Visa gift card.
The winners in the Grades K to 2 division are:
Bradley Harwood - Second Grade
Olive Newlove - First Grade
The winners in the Grades 3rd & 4th division are:
Isaiah Boils - Fourth Grade
Abriella Harrison - Fourth Grade
Aiden C. Marr - Fourth Grade
Our winners received certificates and copies of their winning designs. All five bookmark designs will be available for patrons to take in the library. Congratulations Bradley, Olive, Isaiah, Abriella, and Aiden, and good luck to you all!
Looking for help with homework? With tutor.com and your library card, you have access to free online tutoring, homework help, practice quizzes, videos to help parents, and more!
constitutes consent to be photographed
for use in print and/or electronic publicity
for the Tecumseh District Library!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
For children up to five years old!
Introducing a new free early literacy program which encourages you to read 1,000 books with your child before he or she begins kindergarten!
The program entails reading any book to your newborn, infant and/or toddler before they start kindergarten. It may sound hard to do, but it really is not! If you read just one book a night together, you will have read 365 books in a year! That is 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years! There are no restrictions as to which book you read or how many times you read it! It can include books read to your child by a teacher, a sibling, or during Story Time.
Each experience counts as a book read!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any child from birth until he or she enters kindergarten, usually around the age of five.
More than one young family member in this age range may participate at the same time!
HOW TO GET STARTED!
1. Beginning Tuesday, February 1st, register yourself and your child/children online (or at the Reference Desk).
To Register, click HERE.
2. Mrs. Reasoner, Children's Librarian, will contact you to arrange a time to come to the library and pick up your official packet. The contents of the packet will include a book log, booklists which suggest favorite books, and information about "1000 Books Before Kindergarten."
3. Keep track on the book log of each book read together. The program is self-paced and is not a contest or race!
4. When you reach the first 100 total, come back to the library with the list and receive your first Brag Tag and decorative cord. You will also receive your next book log to list your next 100 books! You must bring in your official book log to receive a Brag Tag each time.
5. When you have finished 1,000 books, you will receive a certificate and the opportunity to choose a book in the TDL collection to have a name plate inserted which celebrates your accomplishment!
6. Please contact Mrs. Reasoner at email@example.com or 423-2238 if you have any questions!
Tecumseh District Library offers children an opportunity to read aloud
to a friendly Staff Member for 30 minutes in or near the Children's Area.
Their parent will remain in the building during this time.
Books read are chosen ahead of time by the child.
Reading skills are practiced.
Gentle assistance may be given for decoding words and reading with inflection.
New library friendships are made!
Appointments for your child can be made by calling the library at (517) 423-2238.
After School Crafts for 3rd and 4th Graders
Make-it & Take-it Crafts Programs
for Third Graders & Fourth Graders
Join the Crafty Crew and enjoy making crafts
once a month after school for two hours with Mrs. Reasoner, Children's Librarian!
While Mrs. Reasoner is recovering from knee surgery during March and April,
her colleague, Mrs. Gina Walmsley, will fill in for her.
Gina loves our library kids and she loves crafting, so she is looking forward to these programs!
The Crew will meet on the second Thursday of every month
from 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. in Imagination Station!
Registration is required and is limited to ten participants.
Click HERE to register.
October 13, 2022 - Halloween Crafts
November 10, 2022 - Thanksgiving Crafts
December 8, 2022 - Christmas Crafts
January 12, 2023 - Winter Crafts
February 9, 2023 - Valentine Crafts
Overnight at the Library - 2018
On the evening of July 17, 2018, following Pajamboree Story Time, there was an "Overnight at the Library" with special guests of the Story Timers! Click on the link below to see pictures of their adventures!
Overnight at the Library - 2017
On the evening of July 18, 2017, following Pajamboree Story Time, there was an "Overnight at the Library" with special guests of the Story Timers! Click on the link below to see pictures of their adventures!
Overnight at the Library - 2016
On the evening of July 12, 2016, following Pajamboree Story Time, there was an "Overnight at the Library" with special guests of the Story Timers! Click on the link below to see a slideshow of their escapades!