Looking for help with homework? With tutor.com and your library card, you have access to free online tutoring, homework help, practice quizzes, videos to help parents, and more!
constitutes consent to be photographed
for use in print and/or electronic publicity
for the Tecumseh District Library!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
For children up to five years old!
Introducing a new free early literacy program which encourages you to read 1,000 books with your child before he or she begins kindergarten!
The program entails reading any book to your newborn, infant and/or toddler before they start kindergarten. It may sound hard to do, but it really is not! If you read just one book a night together, you will have read 365 books in a year! That is 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years! There are no restrictions as to which book you read or how many times you read it! It can include books read to your child by a teacher, a sibling, or during Story Time.
Each experience counts as a book read!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any child from birth until he or she enters kindergarten, usually around the age of five.
More than one young family member in this age range may participate at the same time!
HOW TO GET STARTED!
1. Beginning Tuesday, February 1st, register yourself and your child/children online (or at the Reference Desk).
To Register, click HERE.
2. Mrs. Reasoner, Children's Librarian, will contact you to arrange a time to come to the library and pick up your official packet. The contents of the packet will include a book log, booklists which suggest favorite books, and information about "1000 Books Before Kindergarten."
3. Keep track on the book log of each book read together. The program is self-paced and is not a contest or race!
4. When you reach the first 100 total, come back to the library with the list and receive your first Brag Tag and decorative cord. You will also receive your next book log to list your next 100 books! You must bring in your official book log to receive a Brag Tag each time.
5. When you have finished 1,000 books, you will receive a certificate and the opportunity to choose a book in the TDL collection to have a name plate inserted which celebrates your accomplishment!
6. Please contact Mrs. Reasoner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-2238 if you have any questions!
ONLINE STORY TIME: SHORT AND SWEET
BOOK RAINBOW: A Colorful Story Time
BOOK RAINBOW: A Colorful Story Time
Features books highlighting the different colors of the rainbow!
Tuesday, May 24th from 6:45 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
Join Mrs. Reasoner (and her Producers George Reasoner and Gina Walmsley)
for another TDL Virtual Story Time on FACEBOOK LIVE on the Library's Facebook page!
Wear your favorite colors of the rainbow!
Designed for 3-year-olds through 2nd graders, but everyone is welcome!
Registration is preferred for first timers so that reminders and info about future programs can be sent!
Click HERE to register and join the mailing list!
Overnight at the Library - 2018
On the evening of July 17, 2018, following Pajamboree Story Time, there was an "Overnight at the Library" with special guests of the Story Timers! Click on the link below to see pictures of their adventures!
Overnight at the Library - 2017
On the evening of July 18, 2017, following Pajamboree Story Time, there was an "Overnight at the Library" with special guests of the Story Timers! Click on the link below to see pictures of their adventures!
Overnight at the Library - 2016
On the evening of July 12, 2016, following Pajamboree Story Time, there was an "Overnight at the Library" with special guests of the Story Timers! Click on the link below to see a slideshow of their escapades!