The Tecumseh District Library strives to be a premier facility offering a welcoming, accessible community resource where all people can learn, explore, interact, create, and enjoy.
The Tecumseh District Library is a strong community partner providing quality service, access to ideas, information, experiences, and resources to support and enrich people's lives.
Older Annual Reports are available for viewing in the Clara Waldron Historical Room.
Tecumseh District Library Strategic Plans
2020 - 2023 Strategic Plan:
On November 16, 2019 the Board approved the next 3-year strategic plan.
The ten goals are:
- Create a Community Engagement Liaison Position and an Annual Marketing and Publicity Plan. Staff members currently working on community engagement may continue with their responsibilities.
- Update the TDL website.
- TDL phone system upgrade: research to determine the best plan for TDL, and implement.
- Create a 3-year Technology Plan: plan for purchase of new and replacement items, increase e-resources.
- Create a 3-year Capital Improvement Plan: History Room upgrade, increased parking, more quiet study spaces.
- Develop a plan to track patron visits to the library and analyze patron visit statistics to determine traffic flow and adequacy of library hours.
- Annual review of TDL policies by the Library Board.
- Create a Volunteer Coordinator role and increase the number of library volunteers. Staff members currently working with volunteers may continue with their responsibilities.
- Work with Tecumseh Public Schools to create a pathway for each child to have a library card from TDL.
- Continuing education on an ongoing basis for staff and Trustees.
Click Here for a copy of Tecumseh District Library's Strategic Plan for the years 2014 - 2018.