Library Mobile App
Introducing the Tecumseh District Library App for mobile devices. It’s easy to get started! Download the app by searching for “Tecumseh District Library” in the Apple or Android app store on your smart device. Once you launch the app, enter your library card number and pin. This information will be saved on your device so you don’t need to log in over and over again. The app will save your card in digital format so it will be right at your fingertips.
The app will allow you to search and browse our collection, place holds, check out digital items, search for items by scanning and by ISBN code, see our calendar of events, and much more.
The Apple app requires an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS version 8 or higher. The Android app requires a phone or tablet running Android version 4 or higher. The Android app is also available in the Amazon app store and will work on 2nd generation Kindle Fire tablets and newer.
Notary Public Service
The Tecumseh District Library offers Notary Public Services.
This service costs $1.00 for cardholders and $2.00 for non-cardholders. Appointments can be made with our Supervisor of Circulation Services, Sonja Downey. Walk-ins are welcome based on the availability of our notary. Appointments are encouraged.
Types of documents that may require notarization include wills, trusts, deeds, contracts and affidavits. Call the Library at 517-423-2238 to schedule an appointment.
The following library resources are available to borrow with a valid library card:
- Books: Fiction and Non-Fiction
- Large Print Books: Fiction and Non-Fiction
- Audiobooks: CD, Read-alongs
- Music CDs
- Video Games
- MOBILE HOTSPOTS
- Any patron over 18 can check out a mobile Hotspot. The Hotspots have a lending period of two weeks and cannot be renewed. A fee of $5 per day will be assessed for late returns. Hotspots must be returned inside the library to a staff member at the Circulation Desk. You can reserve them just like books.
- Any patron over 18 can check out an IPod Shuffle. The Shuffles have a lending period of two weeks and cannot be renewed. A fee of $5 per day will be assessed for late returns. Shuffles must be returned inside the library to a staff member at the Circulation Desk. You can reserve them just like books. The Shuffles are pre-recorded.
- ENERGY METERS
- Measure the amount of electric energy used in your home. Any patron over 18 can check out an energy meter. The energy meters have a lending period of two weeks and cannot be renewed. You can reserve them just like books.
- RELAX AND READ PASSES
- Patrons can check out one pass per card. The pass will grant you one entry free of charge to Hidden Lake Gardens.
All materials are checked out for 3 weeks except Non-Traditional Materials.
Loan periods for interlibrary loan (MelCat) materials are established by the library lending the material.
Traditional Materials may be renewed for one additional loan period as long as the following conditions are met:
- Item has not been reserved by another patron.
- Patron requesting renewal has no outstanding late fees or obligations to the library.
Renewal of items may be done online through your library account, through our free app, by telephone, or in person at the library.
Non-Traditional Materials may not be renewed.
Renewal of interlibrary loan (MelCat) materials is at the discretion of the lending library and not Tecumseh District Library.
A late fee of 10 cents per day is assessed for each item not returned by the due date. Additional fees will be assessed for items lost or returned in a damaged condition.
The Tecumseh District Library accepts VISA, MasterCard, and Discover credit/debit cards.
A small collection of donated paperback books is available to borrow without a library card. These items can be read without a specific return due date. They are often used by patrons who are traveling and visitors to the Tecumseh area.
A small collection of donated jigsaw puzzles is available to borrow without a library card. These puzzles can be taken from the library and enjoyed without a specific return due date.
The following resources are available for use within the library:
- Public Computer Use
Tecumseh District Library has computers available for public use. Users must have a valid TDL card free of obligations (no overdues or fines). Check-in is at the Reference desk.
We do not have a user time limit for our public computers.
They shut down 15 minutes before closing.
People without a valid card may purchase a guest pass for $5.
This pass is good for the entire day.
Those needing a computer just for printing purposes may use one of our two Express computers. A card is not required; the computer has a 20 minute time limit.
Wifi is available to all in the library building. No passcode is needed.
Our internet policy may be viewed here.
- Magazines (current issues)
- Newspapers (current issues)
- Clara Waldron Historical Room resources
- Reference resources
- Puzzles and games
- AWE Early Literacy Computer
- Black and white:
- 10 cents per page for cardholders
- 20 cents per page for non-cardholders
- 50 cents per page for cardholders
- 75 cents per page for non-cardholders
- Black and white:
- Fax machine:
- To send:
- 50 cents per page for cardholders
- $1.00 per page for non-cardholders
- To receive:
- 50 cents per page for cardholders and non-cardholders
- To send:
Material Donation Guidelines
The Library is happy to accept the following items in good condition:
* Hardcover and paperback books published after the year 2000.
* DVDs and Audio Books
* The following materials published in the last 5 years:
- Computer manuals
- Medical and financial advice books
- Religious, inspirational or self-help books
- Test preparation guides
- Travel guidebooks
What happens to the items I donate?
Depending on the quality and condition of the donated items, they will be added to the library's collection, given to the Friends of the Tecumseh District Library for their monthly book sale or placed on the Free Cart in the library's foyer.
Tax receipts are available upon request. We do not determine the value of the donation.
The Library does not accept the following items as donations:
- Encyclopedia sets
- Readers Digest Condensed Versions
- VHS Tapes
Please do NOT donate damaged, moldy or bug-infested items!
We cannot use these items at all and do not have the space or staff time to deal with these materials.